- 5 NEEDED EACH DAY -A volunteer for the Junior Solar Sprints competition is chosen by the President of TransOptions and/or the Volunteer Coordinator based upon the volunteer’s willingness to support the event.
I. Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Basic understanding of the event and day’s procedure
- Minimum of basic engineering knowledge, advance knowledge preferred
- Vehicles will be judged on Craftsmanship, Engineering, Best Use of Recycled Materials and Documentation Portfolio.
- A matrix will be given to each judge to help with this process.
- Vehicles will be awarded points from 1 -5 in each subcategory of the matrix
- Ability to talk to Middle School students about their model cars
- Attend a short volunteer meeting the week prior to the event.
- There are 5 races in May. Judges can choose to volunteer 1 day or more days.
- Rain dates may be used.
- Judges must arrive by 8:00am and stay until the end of judging as deemed by the Head Judge or Project Manager. Usually between 12:00 noon and 1:00pm.
- Judges will be invited to TransOptions’ Recognition Breakfast in July.
- 18+ years old