State-Wide Employer Program Supports Sustainable Transportation
It's FREE. It's prestigious. It says your company has know-how.
What is New Jersey Smart Workplaces?
- NJ Smart Workplaces (NJSW) is a prestigious recognition earned by employers that offer sustainable commuter programs to their employees. TransOptions hosts the free award program for employers throughout Northwest New Jersey.
- Employers are recognized at one of four levels, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum, based upon the number and scope of commuter services that they offer.
Examples of qualifying commuter activities include:
- Working with your local TMA
- Promoting transit options such as carpools, flextime or teleworking
- Hosting a commuter event at your worksite
- Forming carpools or vanpools
- Providing bicycle racks
- Offering a pre-tax transit program
What’s the Benefit?
- Employers, their employees and the environment all benefit from sustainable transportation programs:
- Employers are acknowledged with an award for supporting commute alternatives and are mentioned in NJSW press releases and newsletter articles.
- Employees can reduce the cost and stress of getting to work by participating in employer-sponsored commuter programs.
- The Environment benefits when commuters use public transit, share a ride to work or telework since reducing traffic congestion reduces pollutants going in the air.
How Does An Employer Enroll?
- It takes only minutes to complete the nomination form here or contact TransOptions at (973) 267-7600.