Be Part of the 8 Percent!
As 2014 gets under way, thoughts of fulfilling your New Year’s Resolutions may already be fading. A University of Scranton study estimates that 40 percent of Americans make New Year’s resolutions but just 8 percent of people achieve their New Year's goals.
Commuters, TransOptions can help you be part of the 8 percent and feel a sense of accomplishment all year long! It’s easy with these Amazingly Achievable Commuter New Year’s Resolutions. Pick just one driving-related New Year’s Resolution and make it work all year long!
1. If you use a cell phone while driving, it MUST be hands free.
2. Better yet, don't talk, on your hands free cell phone while driving.
3. NEVER text while driving.
4. Stop and stay stopped for pedestrians in crosswalks.
5. Remain in the right-most lane except when passing another vehicle or preparing for a left turn.
6. Observe speed limits.
7. Move over one lane for emergency vehicles on multilane roads.
8. Don't idle your vehicle for more than three minutes.
9. Turn on vehicle lights when windshield wipers are on.
10. Always wear your seat belt.