Would a $100 gas card motivate you to start carpooling?
TransOptions is motivating northwestern New Jersey commuters to learn that “It Pays to Carpool” during our commuter challenge this fall.
New and existing carpool riders who work in northwestern New Jersey are eligible for a drawing to win a $100 gas card. Three winners will be chosen! To participate, register your commute (if you haven't already!) and carpool a minimum of 15 days between September 4 and November 30, 2012. Then just submit a tracking log by December 3.
How Do I Register For a Chance to Win?
- Register Your Commute. (If you haven't already!)
- Carpool a minimum of 15 days from September 4 to November 30, 2012.
- Complete and submit a tracking log of the days that you carpool to TransOptions by December 3, 2012.
Why Should I Carpool?
- Reduce the cost of commuting
- Save vehicle wear and tear
- Lower your stress by alternating driving and riding with another person
- Conserve natural resources by using less fuel
- Reducing traffic congestion which puts less pollutants into the air
- FREE Emergency Ride Home
Carpoolers registered with TransOptions are eligible to receive a free, ride home, up to two times per calendar year, should an emergency or unscheduled overtime arise. Some rules apply.
What Can I Save?
Commuting expenses are significantly reduced by each day of carpooling. Savings also grow as the number of riders increase:
Annual Estimated Cost
Carpool with 2 People
$4,163 or 50%
Carpool with 3 People
$5,495 or 66%
Savings are approximate, based on a 5-day commute/week, incorporating operating costs for gas and maintenance at the Internal Revenue Service allowance of $.555/mile which includes depreciation, insurance, fuel and all other estimated costs of owning a car.
What Can I Win?
Three $100 gas cards will be awarded. All qualified participants are eligible to win. TransOptions will randomly draw three carpooling winners in December 2012. Winners will be notified by TransOptions.
Who is Eligible?
- Only carpooling commuters working in or commuting to northwestern New Jersey are eligible. (Northwestern New Jersey includes Morris, Sussex and Warren counties and suburban areas of Essex, Passaic and Union counties.)
- Commuters starting or joining a new carpool.
- Commuters joining an existing carpool.
- Commuters already in an existing carpool.
- TransOptions' Board of Directors, employees and their families are not eligible.
How Do I Find a Carpool Companion?
If you need to find a carpool companion, complete our free Ridematch Application. We help commuters find others with a similar schedule and route to work. We'll check for compatible commuters and connect you.
What if I'm Already Sharing a Ride?
If you're riding to work with a neighbor, friend or spouse, you're "casually" carpooling!
Contact Danielle Scassera at (973) 267-7600 or send her an email here.