- 4 NEEDED -
A volunteer for the Hydrogen Fuel Cell competition is chosen by the President of TransOptions and/or the Volunteer Coordinator based upon the volunteer’s willingness to support the event.
I. Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Basic understanding of the event and day’s procedure
- Minimum of basic engineering knowledge, advance knowledge preferred
- Vehicles will be judged on Craftsmanship, Engineering, Best Use of Recycled Materials and Documentation Portfolio.
- A matrix will be given to each judge to help with this process.
- Vehicles will be awarded points from 1 -5 in each subcategory of the matrix
- Ability to talk to High School students about their model cars
- Attend a short volunteer meeting the week prior to the event.
- There is one race in December, usually the 3rdWednesday of the month
- Judges must arrive by 8:00am and stay until the end of judging as deemed by the Volunteer Coordinator or Project Manager. Usually between 12:00 noon and 1:00pm.
- Judges will be invited to TransOptions’ Recognition Breakfast in July.