The successful candidate will coordinate and execute a variety of outreach, marketing and communications initiatives on behalf of the organization. The Communications Coordinator has a direct responsibility to prepare written content for press and other target groups, arrange and conduct public meetings, design printed materials, and identify and organize stakeholders for specific projects.
The ideal candidate brings a self-starter mentality and creative thinking skills. The position demands excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Managing Director, and will work in tandem with project managers and other staff.
- Write various forms of correspondence including letters, press releases, invitations to cover and newsletter articles
- Provide outreach support for the Street Smart program, including researching and contacting potential stakeholders, and coordinating relevant meetings or events; participate in community engagement and stakeholder outreach activities
- Deliver presentations to community groups, high school classrooms, and other organizations
- Prepare grant applications and maintain donor relationships
- Coordinate the design and development of the organization’s annual report as well as other promotional materials across all programs
- Build and maintain the organization’s press communications
- Provide assistance on website content development and maintenance
- BS or BA degree in communications, planning, marketing, PR or related field
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications, planning, public relations, advertising or journalism
- Exemplary writing and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Proficiency in Adobe CC, particularly Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience coordinating stakeholders or groups
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) and email management systems such as MailChimp
- Analytical skills and the ability to provide insight into project progress or opportunities for improvement
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
TransOptions, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) company, delivers programs and services that improve mobility, the environment and overall quality of life in northwestern New Jersey. TransOptions helps you find alternative commute options. We also offer programs in bicycle, pedestrian and teen driver safety as well as environmental education and sustainability. We're not only the experts on finding unique transportation options that work for you, but also advocates for a safer and more sustainable future.
Benefits include full health, eye and dental insurance coverage, 403B retirement plan with employer match, flexible work hours plus paid vacation and personal time off.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to Danielle Scassera, Business Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.