Try Commuting by Bike
Recently, more and more commuters from all over the country are now realizing the benefits of bicycling to work. Bike commuting is a great way to get your heart going in the morning, to arrive fresh and ready for your best day yet. Studies show that exercise, like bicycle commuting, increases brain function in the morning, improves your mood and increases your work production levels.
You don't have to be Lance Armstrong to start commuting by bike. With a little planning almost anyone can start right away. Here are 5 tips to help get you started:
Think your commute is too far?
- Drive part of the way.
- Take the train.
- Bring your bike to a bus stop.
- Buy a used or new folding bike.
- Try riding to a coworker's house and carpool to work.
Think it’s too dangerous?
- Avoid busy streets.
- Increase your bike knowledge. Enroll in our Bike Right Adult Defensive Bike Skills Training.
Can’t afford an expensive bike?
- Weigh your car commute savings.
- Buy used.
Worried about sweat?
- Morning commutes are cool.
- Ride easy.
- Shower at work.
Don’t want helmet hair?
- Leave it wet.
- Get a bandanna.
- Leave styling products at work.
Still not convinced to start commuting by bike? Sign up with TransOptions as a bike commuter and you can receive various commuter benefits, such as our Emergency Ride Home Program!
To learn more about bike commuting and how to make it easier to get to work by bicycle, contact Jess Lubas at (973) 267-7600 or send her an email here.