Transportation's Impact on Your BusinessTransportation may not be your business, but it affects your business and your employees. Rising transportation costs, traffic congestion and other commuting issues affect the well-being of your workforce.
Our region's economic productivity and quality of life are severely threatened unless we find new approaches and programs to improve transportation to workplaces. Some commuting issues translate into direct dollar costs while others present less tangible, but very real effects upon your business and your employees:
- The ease or stress of commuting affects an employee's job satisfaction, morale and productivity.
- Employees perceive their commute as an extension of their job experience.
- Job-seekers who cannot drive are challenged to find employment in locations not served by public transit.
- Some commuters would consider quitting their job or moving to avoid worsening congestion.
TransOptions' Employer Services address these issues in northwestern New Jersey, most at no cost. We are your local resource providing a suite of employer programs suited to fit your business. For more information on how TransOptions can help your business, contact Cathy Boccard at (973) 267-7600 or send her an email here.
Why Promote Alternative Commutes?
- By reducing commuting costs, you're increasing the take-home pay of your employees
- Reduced demand on parking
- Position your business as a "green company"
- Healthier and less stressed employees; Improved employee morale